Friday, December 18, 2009

More 2009 Highlights

Continuing my look at some of my fave things of the past year:

New York Comic-Con 2009 – One of the perks of my job is getting to attend the NYCC every year. This year was even more fun because I spent part of my time there on a plan to cheer my best friend up from a very depressing 2009. I did this by having her favorite creators sign a cardboard sign for her. The sign became cluttered with signatures, doodles and best wishes to her. She was thrilled to get it and the sign is now hanging in her bedroom. Coolest creator was the legendary Brian Bolland who not only drew on the sign but was genuinely concerned for my friend. A true class act.

The work year – This year I took on a few additional responsibilities, especially in doing some marketing work with the Academic department here. Marketing has always seemed to be an attractive area for me and has always appealed to my creative side. It was a great opportunity and could open some more doors for me in the future. I love trying out new directions.

Barack Obama – Ok, so he wasn’t the second coming. Did anyone really believe he would be? At the end of the day, he is just a politician like so many others. But still, it was refreshing to have a president in there that I could feel some sense of pride in. How the rest of his term plays out is anyone’s guess, but for right now, I take pleasure in having him as our president.

No comments:

Post a Comment